What is Penetration Testing ?Why Penetration Testing?
Penetration Testing, also called as PenTesting, is a method of evaluating the security of a computer system or network by simulating an attack from malicious outsiders (who do not have an authorized means of accessing the organization's systems) and malicious insiders (who have some level of authorized access).
- Pentetration testing can identify the vulnerabilities that is not identified by an automated vulnerability scanners.
- Determining the feasibility of a particular set of attack vectors
- Determining the Critical Vulerabilities .
- Assessing the magnitude of potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks
- Testing the ability of network defenders to successfully detect and respond to the attacks
- Testing stability of the system against the DDOS attack.
Refer this post for more details:
BTS guides ethical hackers and Penetration testers to build their own PenTesting/Ethical Hacking Lab , to develop their skills in a safe environment and to learn exiting exploitation technique.
The hacking related stuff on BreakTheSecurity is only for education purposes. The tutorial and Demo provided in BreakTheSecurity is for those who curious to learn PenTesting.
Any time the word “Hacking” that is used on this site shall be regarded as Ethical Hacking.BreakTheSecurity never promotes BlackHat Hacking. If you misuse the content, BTS is not responsible for your actions or anything as a result of your actions.
Read the Cyber Laws in India .
BTS holds no reponsiblity for the contents found in the user comments since we do not monitor them. However we may remove any sensitive information present in the user comments upon request.
If you planned to use the content for illegal purpose, please leave this site immediately.